Cyber Essentials is a Government and industry developed scheme which provides basic protection from the most prevalent forms of threats coming from the Internet.
The scheme focusses on Internet-originated attacks against an organisation’s IT system and concentrates on five key areas;
- Boundary firewalls and internet gateways - these are devices designed to prevent unauthorised access to or from private networks, but good setup of these devices either in hardware or software form is important for them to be fully effective.
- Secure configuration – ensuring that systems are configured in the most secure way for the needs of the organisation
- Access control – Ensuring only those who should have access to systems to have access and at the appropriate level.
- Malware protection – ensuring that virus and malware protection is installed and is it up to date
- Patch management – ensuring the latest supported version of applications is used and all the necessary patches supplied by the vendor been applied.
Blueloop Cyber Essentials Certification
HM Government are now mandating that all suppliers to public sector organisations must be Cyber Essentials certified.
This government security standard requires that organisations must self certify compliance with the standard and complete appropriate proof of such compliance in order to obtain certification from one of the authorised certifying bodies.
Blueloop can help with the challenging process of self certification.
We offer our Cyber Essentials service at a fixed fee (for organisations up to 50 employees)
Just call us for more details on 01460271055.
This covers all the assessment and compliance process with the exception of any remediation actions required to meet minimum compliance levels.
We only charge when you are issued with your Cyber Essentials Certificate.
What we offer:
- No obligation meeting with our Cyber Essentials team.
- Discuss the compliance process.
- Customer engagement.
- Cyber Essentials assessment and recommendation.
- Cyber Essentials compliance documentation.
- Submission of Cyber Essentials documentation to assessment body.
- Clarification questions and answers.
- Annual reassessment process.